Healthcare Assistant - Cedar Grange
Day Shifts - Full and Part Time Hours Available - (Weekend only and evening only shifts also available)
Pay Rates: £10.04 – £12.50 DOE
Free Meal + Quarterly Bonus + Referral Scheme + Shopping Discounts + Enhancements + Every other weekend off + double time for bank holidays!
As a Healthcare Assistant for Cornwall Care, you’ll be working in our Cedar Grange Home alongside a team of likeminded individuals who all genuinely care about those people whose home you are working in.
Sat high on a hill, with its far-reaching views Cedar Grange possibly takes the title for our most spectacular setting. But the appeal doesn’t end there; with a reputation to match, it’s known for being a wonderful place to work.
With 60 beds split across different specialist units, this is our largest nursing home. Here we support residents with varying needs, including mixed levels of dementia through to challenging behaviour. Our team is built on dedication and kindness; qualities which we truly value – if those are your own values, you’ll be a great fit.
What you’ll do:
· Assist and enable a client with their personal care needs
· Assist and enable a client with eating and drinking
· Follow, regularly keep up-to-date and understand the person’s plan of care and risk assessments.
· Respect the dignity of each person in your care both by word and action
· Develop relationships with each person in your care
What you’ll need:
· At Level 1, you need no professional qualifications.
· At level 2 (Care Professional) you will need a Diploma or NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Health and Social Care and 1 year care experience
· Good standard of literacy and numeracy
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent Communication skills
· A cheery smile and caring heart!
What you’ll receive:
A choice of contracted hours based around your personal needs, up to 40 hours per week with overtime available if desired!
You’ll also receive improved rates for weekend working and every other weekend off. Bank holidays are paid at double time!
You can order a free lunchtime meal for your lunchbreak and if you are working a night shift can also pre-order a meal!
A newly developed financial KPI bonus scheme of up to 10% of your pay, will be paid on a quarterly basis, subject to the service meeting the quality standards, within Cedar Grange.
You’ll have access to free 24 hour counselling and legal advice services, shopping discounts with high street retailers and local suppliers.
If you’re looking for a career with Cornwall Care, there are very real opportunities to progress with us. We many roles and development opportunities which include; Care Professional and Senior Care Professional. Being a large organisation means a huge variety of other roles, right across the county.
If you have any questions, or require any help or support to complete your application please give us a call on 01872 59 77 20 or email Recruitment@ cornwallcare.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate £10.04
- Max Hiring Rate £12.50
- Cedar Grange Nursing Home - Launceston, Cross Lanes, Launceston, Cornwall, United Kingdom