Housekeeper - The Green, Redruth
16 hours per week
Cornwall Care is a People Organisation.
As Cornwall’s largest provider of care, and a registered charity, we provide support services by compassionate, skilled individuals and teams. In short, we are ‘People in service of People’ with a vision to ‘Transform the human experience of the giving and receiving of care”.
And after more than 25 years, we still could not be prouder to say that ‘We Care for Cornwall’.
As a Housekeeper for Cornwall Care, you’ll be working in our The Green Home alongside a team of likeminded individuals who all genuinely care about those people whose home you are working in.
What you’ll do:
· To undertake general cleaning duties throughout the Home (e.g. bathroom and toilet areas, carpet cleaning, window cleaning etc.) as directed by the Deputy Manager.
· Ensure that the cleaning schedules and accurately recorded on a daily basis.
· Responsible to undertake and maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of resident’s room as agreed with the resident, to include, (e.g. making and changing bedding, emptying waste paper bins etc.).
· To assist in the laundry as required (e.g. ironing, simple mending, sorting, packaging and delivery of resident’s laundry.
· To replenish cleaning products and toiletries as necessary and appropriate and to report any shortages or losses to your Line Manager.
What you’ll need:
· Good standard of literacy and numeracy (GCSE B or equivalent)
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· An ability and willingness to self-development
· Be able to work with discretion on confidential matters
· A flexible and reliable approach to duties
What you’ll receive:
You’ll have access to free 24 hour counselling and legal advice services, shopping discounts with high street retailers and local supplier and discounted gym memberships.
If you’re looking for a career with Cornwall Care, there are very real opportunities to progress with us. Being a large organisation means a huge variety of other roles, right across the county.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate £9.50
- The Green Residential Home, Drump Road, Redruth, Cornwall, United Kingdom