Night Senior Care Professional - Cedar Grange
37.5 Hour contract - Night shifts only.
Pay Rates: £11.66 - £12.66
Free Meal + Quarterly Bonus + Referral Scheme + Shopping Discounts + Enhancements + Every other weekend off + double time for bank holidays!
As a Senior Care Professional for Cornwall Care, you’ll be working in our Cedar Grange Home alongside a team of likeminded individuals who all genuinely care about those people whose home you are working in.
Sat high on a hill, with its far-reaching views Cedar Grange possibly takes the title for our most spectacular setting. But the appeal doesn’t end there; with a reputation to match, it’s known for being a wonderful place to work.
With 60 beds split across different specialist units, this is our largest nursing home. Here we support residents with varying needs, including mixed levels of dementia through to challenging behaviour. Our team is built on dedication and kindness; qualities which we truly value – if those are your own values, you’ll be a great fit.
What you’ll do:
As a care leader you are responsible for maintaining the consistent delivery of high quality standards of care to Cornwall Care’s clients; ensuring that every health care assistant on your team is focused and working towards the fulfilment of the client’s emotional, physical well-being, spiritual, diversity needs every single time.
How you'll achieve this:
- Work in collaboration with the duty Nurse/Management as a duty Senior Care Professional leading a team on duty.
- Act as a role model and knowledge resource, providing equality of support, direction and appropriate levels of challenge to develop the skills, knowledge and experience of team members
- Consistently demonstrate high standards of care practice ensuring that you objectively monitor and assess the standards of care practice in your team
- Accurately and consistently administer, record, store and order medication for the person in your as appropriate, complying with the Company’s Medication Policy and Procedure guidelines and the Care Quality Commission regulatory guidance.
- Ensuring that you follow, regularly keep up-to-date and understand the person’s plan of care and risk assessments
- Actively identify, assess, report and contribute to the management of risk; to promote and adhere to safe working practices and to ensure that you provide a service where quality and safety is paramount by following all procedural documents relevant to their role, such as policies and procedures and risk assessment.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner at all times.
What you’ll need:
- At least two years’ experience in care delivery for vulnerable/dementia clients
- Care Certificate
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy (GCSE B or equivalent)
- Diploma or NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care.
- Good IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Medication training certificate
- Current Moving and Handling certification.
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of the principles of equality, privacy, dignity and respect of vulnerable people.
- Ability to write a cohesive incident report
- Experience of care plans and risk assessment development
- Working knowledge of how to raise a Safe Guarding.
- A cheery smile and a leading caring heart!
What you’ll receive:
Our hourly rates are broken down as below
Level 3 - £11.66 (day shifts) £12.66 (night shifts)
A choice of contracted hours based around your personal needs, up to 40 hours per week with overtime available if desired!
You’ll also receive improved rates for weekend working and every other weekend off. Bank holidays are paid at double time!
You can order a free lunchtime meal for your lunchbreak and if you are working a night shift can also pre-order a meal!
A newly developed financial KPI bonus scheme of up to 10% of your pay, will be paid on a quarterly basis, subject to the service meeting the quality standards, within Cedar Grange.
You’ll have access to free 24 hour counselling and legal advice services, shopping discounts with high street retailers and local suppliers.
If you’re looking for a career with Cornwall Care, there are very real opportunities to progress with us. We many roles and development opportunities, being a large organisation means a huge variety of other roles, right across the county.
If you have any questions, or require any help or support to complete your application please give us a call on 01872 59 77 20 or email Recruitment@ cornwallcare.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate £10.66
- Max Hiring Rate £11.66
- Cedar Grange Nursing Home - Launceston, Cross Lanes, Launceston, Cornwall, United Kingdom