Twilight Healthcare Assistant - Trevern, Falmouth
Generous weekend working bonus, and every other weekend off and double time for bank holidays! - Free meal when working and a paid quarterly bonus! - see below for more information.
As a healthcare assistant for Cornwall Care, you’ll be working in our Trevern Home alongside a team of likeminded individuals who all genuinely care about those people whose home you are working in.
Trevern sits in the heart of Falmouth; one site accommodating three separate buildings – each with its own garden. This beauty of this is that it enables us to offer tailored levels of nursing and residential care, meaning that our residents can remain with us as their needs continue to change and evolve. Which is very important, when you grow as fond of them as we do.
What you’ll do:
· Assist and enable a client with their personal care needs
· Assist and enable a client with eating and drinking
· Follow, regularly keep up-to-date and understand the person’s plan of care and risk assessments.
· Respect the dignity of each person in your care both by word and action
· Develop relationships with each person in your care
What you’ll need:
· At Level 1, you need no professional qualifications.
· Good standard of literacy and numeracy
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent Communication skills
· A cheery smile and caring heart!
What you’ll receive:
Our hourly rates are broken down as below
Level 1 - £10.04 (day shifts) £11.04 (night shifts)
A choice of contracted hours based around your personal needs, up to 40 hours per week with overtime available if desired!
You’ll also receive improved rates for weekend working and every other weekend off. Bank holidays are paid at double time!
You can order a free lunchtime meal for your lunchbreak and if you are working a night shift can also pre-order a meal!
A newly developed financial KPI bonus scheme of up to 10% of your pay, will be paid on a quarterly basis, subject to the service meeting the quality standards, within Trevern.
You’ll have access to free 24 hour counselling and legal advice services, shopping discounts with high street retailers and local supplier and discounted gym memberships.
If you’re looking for a career with Cornwall Care, there are very real opportunities to progress with us. We many roles and development opportunities which include; Care Professional and Senior Care Professional. Being a large organisation means a huge variety of other roles, right across the county.
If you have any questions, or require any help or support to complete your application please give us a call on 01872 59 77 20 or email Recruitment@ cornwallcare.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate £10.04
- Max Hiring Rate £11.04
- Trevern Nursing Home, 72 Melvill Road, Falmouth, Cornwall, United Kingdom