Support Worker - Bodmin, Part Time
Community Care in a Local Charity!
Part Time Hours Available - up to 18 Hours
Pay Rates: £9.50 - £12.59
Free Meal + Referral Scheme + Shopping Discounts + Enhancements + double time for bank holidays!
Cornwall Care is a People Organisation.
As Cornwall’s largest provider of care, and a registered charity, we provide support services by compassionate, skilled individuals and teams. In short, we are ‘People in service of People’ with a vision to ‘Transform the human experience of the giving and receiving of care”.
And after more than 25 years, we still could not be prouder to say that ‘We Care for Cornwall’.
As a Support Worker for Cornwall Care, you’ll be working in our supported accommodation within a team of likeminded individuals who all genuinely care about those people whose homes you are working in.
What you’ll do:
- Assist and enable a client with their personal care needs
- Following the client’s plan of care you are responsible to create a safe environment for the client to take part in daily living; promoting independence and providing support with household tasks
- Ensure that the psychological, physical, spiritual and diversity needs of individual clients in your care are maintained and continuously monitored and met.
- To accurately and consistently administer, record, store and order medication for the client as required
- Respect the dignity of each person in your care both by word and action
What you’ll need:
- Have a driving licence and own transport
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to self-development
What you’ll receive:
£9.50 - £12.59 per hour plus enhancements for nights, weekends and bank holidays
You’ll have access to free 24 hour counselling and legal advice services, shopping discounts with high street retailers and local supplier and discounted gym memberships.
If you’re looking for a career with Cornwall Care, there are very real opportunities to progress with us. We have HCA Levels 1-4, and being a large organisation means a huge variety of other roles, right across the county.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate £9.50
- Max Hiring Rate £12.59
- Community Services, Cornwall Care House,, County Wide, Cornwall, United Kingdom