General Care Assistant - Trevarna, St Austell
Day Shifts - Full and Part Time Hours Available - (Weekend only and school hour shifts also available)
Free Meal + Quarterly Bonus + Referral Scheme + Shopping Discounts + Enhancements + Every other weekend off + double time for bank holidays!
Cornwall Care is a People Organisation.
As Cornwall’s largest provider of care, and a registered charity, we provide support services by compassionate, skilled individuals and teams. In short, we are ‘People in service of People’ with a vision to ‘Transform the human experience of the giving and receiving of care”.
As a General Assistant for Cornwall Care, you’ll be working in our Trevarna House Residential Home alongside a team of likeminded individuals who all genuinely care about those people whose home you are working in.
What you’ll do:
- Assist and enable a client with eating and drinking
- Undertake general housekeeping, laundry and cleaning duties
- Participate in providing meaningful activities with clients, supporting the care staff and activities coordinators during entertainment and other events.
- Accurately and consistently maintain records to reflect what care and support has been provided to the resident
- Respect the dignity of each person in your care both by word and action
- Develop relationships with each person in your care
What you’ll need:
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent Communication skills
What you’ll receive:
£9.50 per hour
You’ll also receive improved rates for weekend working and every other weekend off.
You’ll have access to free 24 hour counselling and legal advice services, shopping discounts with high street retailers and local supplier and discounted gym memberships.
If you’re looking for a career with Cornwall Care, there are very real opportunities to progress with us. We have HCA Levels 1-4, and being a large organisation means a huge variety of other roles, right across the county.
If you have any questions, or require any help or support to complete your application please give us a call on 01872 59 77 20 or email Recruitment@ cornwallcare.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Trevarna Nursing Home, 4 Carlyon Road, St. Austell, Cornwall, United Kingdom