Care Professional - Cedar Grange
Generous weekend working bonus, flexible hours and every other weekend off and double time for bank holidays! - Free meal when working and a paid quarterly bonus! - see below for more information.
As a Care Professional for Cornwall Care, you’ll be working in our Cedar Grange Home alongside a team of likeminded individuals who all genuinely care about those people whose home you are working in.
Sat high on a hill, with its far-reaching views Cedar Grange possibly takes the title for our most spectacular setting. But the appeal doesn’t end there; with a reputation to match, it’s known for being a wonderful place to work.
With 60 beds split across different specialist units, this is our largest nursing home. Here we support residents with varying needs, including mixed levels of dementia through to challenging behaviour. Our team is built on dedication and kindness; qualities which we truly value – if those are your own values, you’ll be a great fit.
What you’ll do:
The purpose of this role is to deliver high quality person centred care and support for people in your care as identified in the Care Certificate standards, your first priority is their health and well-being, respecting the dignity of the individual in every aspect of your professional care practice.
How you'll achieve this:
- Work in collaboration with the duty Registered Nurse and Senior Care Professional.
- Assist and enable a client with their personal care needs according to their established plan of care.
- Assist and enable a client with their nutrition and hydration .
- Follow, regularly keep up-to-date and understand the person’s plan of care and risk assessments.
- Respect the dignity of each person in your care both by word and action
- Develop relationships with each person in your care
- Participate in the development of all aspects of a person’s care plan and the risk assessment process.
- Participate as a valued member of the person’s support team; ensuring that you provide person centred detailed handovers, recording observations of all the person’s welfare needs, any changes or person’s requests for changes.
- Provide a safe and secure environment when acting as an escort/advocate for people in your care in a social, domestic or clinical setting.
What you’ll need:
- At least one year’s experience in care delivery for vulnerable/dementia clients
- Care Certificate
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy (GCSE B or equivalent)
- Diploma or NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Health and Social Care.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Current Moving and Handling certification.
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of the principles of equality, privacy, dignity and respect of vulnerable people.
- Working knowledge of how to raise a Safe Guarding.
- Working knowledge of care plans and risk assessments.
- A cheery smile and caring heart!
What you’ll receive:
Our hourly rates are broken down as below
Level 2 - £10.50 (day shifts) £11.50 (night shifts)
A choice of contracted hours based around your personal needs with flexible hours discussed, up to 40 hours per week with overtime available if desired!
You’ll also receive improved rates for weekend working and every other weekend off. Bank holidays are paid at double time!
You can order a free lunchtime meal for your lunchbreak and if you are working a night shift can also pre-order a meal!
A newly developed financial KPI bonus scheme of up to 10% of your pay, will be paid on a quarterly basis, subject to the service meeting the quality standards, within Cedar Grange.
You’ll have access to free 24 hour counselling and legal advice services, shopping discounts with high street retailers and local supplier and discounted gym memberships.
If you’re looking for a career with Cornwall Care, there are very real opportunities to progress with us. We many roles and development opportunities which include; Care Professional and Senior Care Professional. Being a large organisation means a huge variety of other roles, right across the county.
If you have any questions, or require any help or support to complete your application please give us a call on 01872 59 77 20 or email Recruitment@ cornwallcare.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate £10.50
- Max Hiring Rate £11.50
- Cedar Grange Nursing Home - Launceston, Cross Lanes, Launceston, Cornwall, United Kingdom