Due to business growth, our Property Development team are hiring an Architectural Technologist to join the Leeds-based team.
In this role, your purpose will be to provide specialist, technical support and services across all property development projects, covering both new and existing sites.
In this busy and varied role, your day-to-day duties will include the following:
- Carrying out desktop appraisals for sites to assess their suitability for conversion for gym use.
- Carrying out initial feasibility studies and risk assessments.
- Assessing environmental impacts and identifying legal issues.
- Preparing technical drawings and supporting information from feasibility through to construction stages
- Preparation of drawings and information required to achieve planning and statutory approvals (Planning, Building Control).
- Analysing architectural plans and drawings, highlighting any possible design risks or problems, and making amendments using computer-aided design applications (CAD).
- Specifying the appropriate technology and tools to be used in the project and advising where this requires deviation from the initial design plans.
- Preparation of 3D visuals/models to help other stakeholders in the business understand schemes.
- Input into the continuous improvement of gym formats and design standards.
- Assisting with the development of technical drawings and details for use in design manuals.
- Liaising with the Architect, Surveyors, and other construction professionals.
- Providing technical assistance to the Architects, Design Managers, and other members of the business where necessary.
This role will suit someone with prior experience in an Architectural Technologist role. You will be a proficient user of AutoCAD, Sketch Up and ideally Revit, with a strong understanding of Building Regulations.
Ideally you will have experience of contributing to multi-site property developments consistently and at scale. Experience working in or with large scale organisations in customer facing industries such as leisure, retail, hospitality and retail banking would be highly advantageous.
You will have a strong interest in architecture, mathematics, drawing and design with an excellent eye for detail and high levels of creativity, imagination and vision.
Ours is a fast-paced, changing environment and so excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines is a must, as well as a proactive, accountable and adaptable approach to your workload.
You will be working with colleagues at all levels across the business and you will need strong communication skills to be able to deliver complex messages in a simple way.
Commercially astute, you will be able to evaluate investment decisions considering member brand expectations balanced with the required levels of return.
Our teams are united in a shared purpose to improve the health of the nation, so a passion for health and fitness is central to this role.
Please apply with your CV ASAP.
- Pay Type Salary
- Leeds, UK